Potaje de Berros Recipe – Watercress Soup
Potaje de Berros
Watercress grows in watery fields or on the banks of freshwater streams and, although it grows in abundance all over Europe, it is usually only used in salads or in dressings. However, with this ingredient one of the most typical soups of the Canary Islands is made.
- 1/2 Kg. of watercress
- 1/2 Kg. of potatoes
- 1/4 Kg. pig ribs
- 1/4 Kg. of white beans
- 150 gr. of yam
- 2 tender corns
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small cup of olive
- Leave the white beans to soak and soften overnight.
- Place the ribs, white beans, corns and yam in a pot. Add three litres of water and put it on to heat.
- When it is half cooked, add the watercress, potatoes, onion, tomato and pepper, all previously chopped up, along with the salt, saffron, ground garlic and oil.
- Cook it at medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
You May Also Like:
- Caldo de Papas y Cilantro Recipe – Potato and Coriander Soup
- Carajacas Recipe
- Carne de Cabra Compuesta Recipe – Goat Casserole
- Conejo en Salmorejo Recipe – Salmorejo Rabbit
- Gofio Escaldao Recipe – Scalded Gofio
- Helado con Bienmesabe Recipe – Ice Cream with Bienmesabe
- Huevos Mole Recipe – Yolk Mass
- Mojo Rojo Recipe
- Mojo Verde Recipe
- Papas Arrugadas Recipe – Small Potatoes Boiled in Their Jackets
- Pata Asada Recipe – Roast Leg of Pork
- Pella de Gofio Recipe – Lump of Gofio
- Puchero Recipe – Canary Casserole
- Rancho Canario Recipe
- Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Sancocho Recipe
- Sopa de Pescado Recipe – Fish Soup
- Tortitas de Carnaval Recipe – Carnival Pancakes
- Tortitas de Plátanos Recipe – Banana Pancakes
- Truchas de Batata o Cabello de Ángel Recipe – Yam Truchas
- Vieja Sancochada Recipe – Sea Bream Casserole