Car hire in Tenerife. Best car rental in Tenerife. Cheap car hire Tenerife south.
There’s no better way to see Tenerife than by car
When you arrive at Tenerife, you’re perfectly placed to explore the many stunning beaches, hillside villages and impressive landscapes that are all easily reached with a rental car.
Popular car hire locations in Tenerife
- Car hire in Tenerife Los Gigantes
- Car hire in Tenerife Norte La Laguna airport
- Car hire in Tenerife Puerto de La Cruz
Collect your rental car in Tenerife and explore the best of Tenerife at your leisure.
Car hire in Tenerife is perfect for visitors who require the flexibility to travel on their trip. Hiring a car in Tenerife is especially helpful for travellers who are staying in self-catered accommodation or in more rural locations. Tenerife car rental is an excellent way to see and do all that the island of Tenerife has to offer during your stay, from beach trips to cultural endeavours.
Hiring a car with Tenerife car hire companies is a great way to get the most out of your stay in Tenerife
- Cicar offers you the widest network of car hire in Tenerife with a modern fleet of vehicles. The best car rental in Tenerife, Canary Islands.
- When you pick up your Avis hire car here, you’ll have the key to experience all the Tenerife island has to offer.
- You can find Hertz pick-up locations scattered across the island, making hiring a car in Tenerife simple. If you’re flying in, Hertz branches situated at Los Rodeos Airport and Tenerife South Airport will be ideal, and you’ll find Hertz other offices in convenient locations across the island.
- Car hire at Tenerife is made easy with Europcar. Friendly service, new cars and low prices are part of our every day offer. Whether you are hiring a car for business or pleasure, or you need a car or van, Europcar has the right hire car at Tenerife for you.
- Rent your car with Autoreisen with the guarantee of dealing with a company with over 30 years experience in the field. With thousands of cars distributed around the Canary Islands.
Road rules of Spain
These rules are to be used as a guide, please be aware that rules are subject to change and are correct as of 2014. Please ask your representative if any queries arise.
Which Side of the Road?
In Spain, please drive on the RIGHT side of the road.
Unique Country Driving Laws
- Do not use headphones when driving (except hearing aids)
- Do not use your mobile phone when driving.
- Cyclist have right of way, at all times.
- Dipped headlights must be used in poor daylight visibility
- Be sure to use indicators at all times, you will be fined if not using indicators when needed.
- Urban areas: 31 mph (50 km/h)
- Motorways: 74mph (120km/h)
- Rural areas: 55 mph (90 km/h)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Speeding penalties in Tenerife
Child Safety / Seatbelt Laws
It is compulsory for all inside the vehicle to wear a seatbelt
Children under 12 and less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size.
Please note – It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
Compulsory Equipment in your rental car
- Spare tire
- Reflective jacket
- Warning triangle
- Police 091
- Ambulance 061
- Fire Department 080
- European Emergency Number 112