Teide walking routes. Teide hiking trails.
Walking mount Teide
El Teide is a volcano on Tenerife in the Canary Islands. Its 3,718-metre (12,198 ft) high summit is the highest point in Spain, the highest point above sea level in the islands of the Atlantic, and it is the third highest volcano in the world measured from its base on the ocean floor (7,500 metres).
The volcano and its surroundings comprise the Teide National Park. The park has an area of 18,900 hectares (73 sq mi) and was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO on June 29, 2007. Is also one of the most visited National Parks in the world, with a total of 2.8 million visitors, according to the Instituto Canario de Estadística.
Walking Tenerife free maps
Teide is a tough mountain to climb involving up to 5 hours of high-altitude ascent. It is not suitable for people with heart or lung conditions or for pregnant women or young children.
Also see walking routes:
- Adeje – Barranco del Infierno – Ifonche – Roque Imoque – Roque del Conde – Las Casas
- Adeje — Walk Tenerife
- Arona – Ifonche – Arona Circular
- Arona – Vilaflor
- Costa del Silencio – Tenerife Coastal Escapism
- La Caleta – Tenerife Life in the Raw
- Los Cristianos – Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Piramide de Arona – Playa Las Americas – Puerto Colon
- Playa de Las Americas – La Caleta
- Playa Paraiso – La Caleta
- PR-TF 43 Garachico – Chinyero Mountain
- PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme
- PR-TF 71.1 Boca del Paso – La Quinta
- PR-TF 71.2 Camino de Ifonche
- PR-TF 72 Vilaflor – Paisaje Lunar – Vilaflor
- SL-TF 218 Roque del Conde
- SL-TF 60 Santiago del Teide – Arguayo (Almond Blossom Route)
- SL-TF 71 Camino de la Virgen